Father Alexandre Awi Mello is the new Superior General of the Schoenstatt Fathers
The 6th General Chapter of the Secular Institute of the Schoenstatt Fathers, which began meeting on August 3, 2022, elected the new General Council of the Community for the next six years, which took office immediately.
- General Superior: Fr. Alexandre Awi Mello (Brazil)
- First Councilor: Fr. Ignacio Camacho (Chile)
- In charge of the Free Communities: Fr. Francisco da Cruz Sobral (Portugal)
- Councilor: Fr. Joy Puthussery (India)
- Councilor: Fr. Arkadiusz Sosna (Poland)
The new Superior General, Fr. Alexandre Awi Mello, who is the Secretary of the Dicastery for Laity, Family and Life since 2017, will still continue in that office for the next few months.
On September 1, 2022, the General Council, together with all the Chapter Fathers, was received in audience by the Holy Father.