The Executive Council
The Executive Council is responsible for organizing the work of the Union:
- To express the opinions or consents provided for in the Statutes, in accordance with the rules of c. 127,1;
- Prepare the General Assemblies;
- To ensure the efficiency of the General Secretariat;
- Appointing the members of the Permanent Commissions created by the General Assembly and taking care of their functioning;
- To create and organize temporary Commissions;
- To deal with urgent cases that do not allow for the convocation of the General Assembly, with the obligation to report to the Assembly itself;
- Should difficulties arise with regard to these Statutes, the Council has the right to interpret them with the obligation to report to the next General Assembly;
- Promote, in agreement with the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life, contacts with the Conferences of Major Superiors;
- Monitor the financial
During the 96th Semiannual Assembly (November 2021) Fr. Arturo Sosa, SJ was re-elected as President and Fr. Mauro-Giuseppe Lepori OCist was elected as Vice President.
The following were elected as members of the Council:
P. Franco Bergamin CRL; P. Antony Puthenpurackal OSBSilv; P. Míċeál O'Neill OCarm; P. Teodoro Kalaw CRM;
P. Mathew Vattamattam CMF; P. John Larsen SM; P. Budi Kleden SVD; P. Alberto Toutin SSCC; Fr. Mark Hilton SC;
P. Emanuele Lupi CPPS.