The Executive Council
The Executive Council is responsible for organizing the work of the Union:
- To express the opinions or consents provided for in the Statutes, in accordance with the rules of c. 127,1;
- Prepare the General Assemblies;
- To ensure the efficiency of the General Secretariat;
- Appointing the members of the Permanent Commissions created by the General Assembly and taking care of their functioning;
- To create and organize temporary Commissions;
- To deal with urgent cases that do not allow for the convocation of the General Assembly, with the obligation to report to the Assembly itself;
- Should difficulties arise with regard to these Statutes, the Council has the right to interpret them with the obligation to report to the next General Assembly;
- Promote, in agreement with the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life, contacts with the Conferences of Major Superiors;
- Monitor the financial administration.
During the 91st Semiannual Assembly (November 2018) Fr. Arturo Sosa, SJ was elected as President and Fr. Michael Brehl, CSSR as Vice President.
The following were elected as members of the Council: Fr. Laurentius Tarpin OSC; Fr. Mauro-Giuseppe Lepori OCist; Fr. Alejandro Moral Antón OSA; Fr. Pedro Aguado SP; Fr. Ángel Fernández Artime SDB; Fr. Tesfaye Gebresilasie MCCJ; Fr. Mathew Vattamattam CMF; Fr. Valdir José de Castro SSP; Fr. Tomaz Mavric CM; Br. Ernesto Sánchez Barba, FMS.